The objective of Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration at Symbiosis Centre
for Distance Learning program is to help participants pursue leadership positions
in competitive business environments. The curriculum has been designed by a select
panel of business professionals and prominent academicians and focuses extensively
on business case studies and examples.
The PGDBA course structure is based on compulsory core courses and specializations.
The first two semesters focus on core courses. Students can then choose two electives,
from a long list of possible specializations. The program includes six specializations
including: Finance, Marketing, Operations, HR, Customer Relationship Management
and Management Accounting. Students have an option of dual specialization for multidisciplinary
At Symbiosis, we help students create their path for a successful career and surge
ahead of competition. With our experienced academicians and guest lecturers, dynamic
study material, and online mode of learning, participants add not just a qualification,
but also quality to their resume!
Dual (additional) Specialization option is available for the PGDBA program. Dual
Specialization can be pursued only after successful completion of the first (primary)
specialization subjects / courses. The registration validity for the program remains
the same. No further extension is provided for completion of dual (additional) specialization.
No project submission is required for the dual (additional) specialization.
Finance Manager, Financial Analyst. Business Analyst. Marketing Manager, Sales Manager,
Brand Manager, Senior HR Officer, Placement Officer, Recruitment Coordinator, HR
Head, Administrative Head, Purchase Manager, Operations Head, Branch Head, Team
Leader, Customer Service Manager, Project Manager, Business Development Manager,
- Graduate in any discipline, from a recognized University. OR
- International/SAARC Graduates from a recognised/accredited University/Institution.
- Students studying in final year degree course and are yet to pass the final year examination can also apply,
subject to completion of graduation in current academic year and within the time period specified by SCDL.
- Students who have a valid score in any of the State Level MBA/ MMS-CET/ C-MAT/ G-MAT/
CAT/ MAT/ ATMA/ XAT or equivalent entrance test at State or National Level, valid
for Academic year 2016-2017 . OR
- Students who have qualified in SCDL - PGDBA Entrance Test 2016-2017 .
Who can appear for SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test 2016-2017 ?
Who is exempted from appearing for SCDL-PGDBA
Entrance Test 2016-2017 ?
This Entrance Test is only for students seeking admission to SCDL PGDBA program.
All students who meet the eligibility Criteria 1 for PGDBA program stated above
have to appear for the SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test 2016-2017 . Students appearing for
final graduation exam are also eligible to appear for the SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test
2016-2017 , subject to completion of graduation within the time period specified
What will be tested in SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test
Students seeking admission to PGDBA program of SCDL, who have appeared and secured
a valid score in, any one of the State Level MBA/MMS-CET/G-MAT/ CAT/MAT/ATMA/XAT/C-MAT
or equivalent entrance test at State or National Level, valid for Academic year
2016-2017 , are exempted from the SCDL - PGDBA Entrance Test 2016-2017 . The scores
of the SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test 2016-2017 , are valid for Academic year 2016-2017
only. For students not meeting the Eligibility requirement mentioned in Criteria
1, in the specified time, the SCDL- PGDBA Entrance test score will become null and
How will SCDL declare the Result of SCDL- PGDBA
Entrance Test 2016-2017 ?
The SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test 2016-2017 would be conducted to test the logical reasoning,
comprehension and general aptitude of the candidate. Entrance Test Sample Questions
How to appear for SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test 2016-2017 ?
The result of SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test 2016-2017 will be declared on the SCDL website
and will be sent to the student via email. The admissions are strictly based on
the performance of the students in the SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test 2016-2017 . Admission
to PGDBA shall be subject to students clearing the SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test 2016-2017
and meeting the eligibility Criteria 1, mentioned above
- Step 1 – Fill up the SCDL Admission form enclosed with the
prospectus for seeking admission to PGDBA program.
- Step 2 – The student must submit the Admission form with
necessary supporting documents and registration fee as mentioned below. Registration
fee is non refundable.
Civil /Defence - Rs 1000/-
SAARC - USD 75 or Rs 4875/-
International - USD 100 or Rs 6500/-
a) Online- Student will fill the admission form online and pay the registration
fee online through payment gateway. The student is required to take a print out
of the admission form, attach supporting documents and send the form to SCDL, Pune
campus by registered post/courier. Registration fee is non refundable.
b) By Demand Draft- Students will fill the admission form enclosed with the
prospectus, attach a DD, of amount as mentioned in the table given above, in the
name of Director, SCDL payable at Pune, towards registration fee along with supporting
documents and send it to SCDL, Pune by registered post/courier. Registration fee
is non refundable.
c) By Cash- The students can pay registration fee of Rs. 1000/- by cash at
SCDL, Pune Campus, along with the admission form and requisite supporting documents.
Registration fee is non refundable.
- Step 3 – The admission form and supporting documents will
be scrutinized by competent authority. If the student meets the eligibility Criteria
1, he/she will receive a user name and password for the student portal on SCDL website
- Step 4 – The student must log in to the SCDL portal using
the username and password and register for SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test 2016-2017 , by
paying Entrance Test fee, online through the payment gateway, of amount as specified
Civil /Defence - Rs 300/-
SAARC - USD 15 or Rs 975/-
International - USD 20 or Rs 1300/-
Note: SAARC and International category students will have to appear for SCDL-PGDBA
Entrance Test 2016-2017 through proctored online exam in their country of residence.
Contact us at our
firstname.lastname@example.org after paying the SCDL-PGDBA Entrance
Test fee online for scheduling the SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test 2016-2017 .
- Step 5 – The student will be required to book a slot for
the SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test 2016-2017 by choosing the location, date and time for
appearing for the SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test 2016-2017 through the booking link on
the SCDL student portal through SCDL website. A list of SCDL designated examination
centres, along with the available time slots for SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test 2016-2017
is available on the booking link. Please note the slot booking is available on first
come first serve basis. To view the nearest exam centre,
Click Here .
- Step 6– After the student books the SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test
2016-2017 at a designated SCDL exam centre as per his/her convenience; a hall ticket
is generated automatically on the student portal in the booking link. The student
must take a print out of the hall ticket.
- Step 7 – The student must carry with him/her the hall ticket
and an original Government approved photo ID proof such as passport/PAN card/Driving
licence/Aadhar card etc. to SCDL designated examination centre to enable him/her
to appear for the SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test 2016-2017 on the date, time and centre
chosen by him/her and indicated on the hall ticket. The photo and name on your photo
identification must match your photo and name as entered in the SCDL admission form
and the Hall Ticket.
- All students who qualify in the SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test 2016-2017 , subject to their
fulfilling eligibility Criteria 1 mentioned above will be given admission to PGDBA
program. The letter confirming the admission along with SCDL ID card will be sent
to the student by post. The students are expected to pay their course fee within
the prescribed timeline to confirm their admission.
- The students who qualify in the SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test 2016-2017 , but whose final
year results are awaited, will be given provisional admission. They will be required
to submit their final year mark sheet, within the prescribed timeline given by SCDL
to confirm their admission.
- Students seeking admission to PGDBA program of SCDL, who have appeared and valid
score in any one of the State Level MBA/ MMS-CET/ C-MAT/ G-MAT/ CAT/ MAT/ ATMA/
XAT or equivalent entrance test at State or National Level, valid for Academic year
2016-2017 , can directly apply for admission, subject to their fulfilling eligibility
Criteria 1. The student must enclose a copy of their score card of the equivalent
State/National Level Entrance duly attested, along with the admission form, other
supporting documents and registration fee of Rs. 1000/- which can be paid online/
through Demand Draft/ Cash at SCDL Cash counter at Pune.
- SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test 2016-2017 scores are valid for Academic Year 2016-2017
- Students who are granted provisional admission and fail to meet the eligibility
criteria in specified time prescribed by SCDL will not be given confirmed admission
and their SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test 2016-2017 score will become null and void.
- Separate Entrance Test fee for SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test 2016-2017 is applicable.
- Registration fee and Entrance test fee are non - refundable.
- The duration of the Post Graduate Program in Business Administration is two years.
- The registration period is valid for four academic years.
- Only PGDBA students who complete one full year of study (I and II Semesters) and
successfully pass the examination and assignment corresponding to first two semesters,
but who are unable to complete the III and IV Semesters due to unavoidable circumstances,
will be eligible for a Diploma in Management (DIM).
- An eligible student will have to make a specific application to SCDL to opt out
of the PGDBA Program within the registration validity period of PGDBA. The fees
paid for PGDBA are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For Indian Residents (General / Defence Personnel / Paramilitary / Police
/ Symbiosis employee): Rs. 1000/-
- International : USD 100 OR Rs. 6,700/-
- SAARC : USD 75 OR Rs. 5,025/-
The registration fees must be paid along with the application form, failing which the form will not be processed.
Prospectus fees and registration fees are different.
Prospectus fees is prospectus and application form purchase fees whereas Registration fee implies application form processing fees.
Students have two options of paying the fees as mentioned below:
A] Option 1 –
One Time Payment:- Student has to pay the full course fees in one time payment,
on or before November 15, 2016.
- General: Rs. 36,000/-
- Active Defence / Paramilitary / Police: Rs. 33,000/-
- International : USD 2,300 or Rs. 1,54,100/-
- SAARC : USD 1,200 or Rs. 80,400/-
B] Option 2 - Two-Installments: Student has to pay the course fees in two installments
- Students appearing for SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test 2016-2017 , need to first clear the
Entrance Test and then pay the complete program fees on or before November 15, 2016.
- Participants are required to pay additional exam fees per exam attempt.
- General / Defence Personnel / Paramilitary / Police : Rs. 10,000/-
- International Students: USD 700 OR Rs. 46,900/-
- SAARC Students: USD 400 or Rs. 26,800/-
Participants are required to pay an additional fee (as mentioned above) in case
they decide to opt for dual specialisation. Requests for the second specialisation
can be made only on successful completion of the first specialisation.
Fees can be paid Online or in Cash or via Demand Draft.
- Payment via cash: this is acceptable only at SCDL Pune Campus.
- Payment via DD: this can be submitted at SCDL Pune campus. The Demand Draft needs
to be in favor of "The Director, SCDL, Pune" payable at Pune only.
- Payment via Online: this can be done through student center log in.