In recent years, there is an increasing demand for qualified personnel to work with young children, in pre-primary schools. Not all pre-primary schools, however, are run by trained teachers who know how to best facilitate learning in young children.
This program is designed to reduce the gap between the available and demanded competencies in this field. It equips teachers with the knowledge of various teaching aids and classroom management. The practice teaching session gives them practical exposure.
This program is not only meant for candidates who aspire to teach at the Pre-Primary level, but also for in-service teachers in this profession who want to upgrade their skills and qualification.
Knowledge of various aspects of child education is also perfect for mothers who want to teach their children at home. It gives a direction to those who would like to open a pre-primary school.
This program aims to prepare individuals to:
- Understand the needs and cognitive development of children.
- Understand Child Psychology, especially that of young children in the age group of 3-6 years who would be stepping out of the familiarity of their homes for the first time.
- Recognize the healthy physical and mental developmental patterns in a young child.
- Decode a child's learning style, which is essential for ensuring that what is being taught within the classroom is absorbed by the child with minimum exertion.
Pre-Primary Teacher, Teacher for Children with Special Needs, Pre-Primary Counsellor, Administrator in Pre-School and Pre-Primary Supervisor. One can also start one's own Pre-Primary School or Day Care Centre.
- Graduate in any discipline, from a recognized University.
- International/SAARC Graduates from a recognised/accredited University/Institution.
- Students studying in final year degree course and are yet to pass the final year examination can also apply,
subject to completion of graduation in current academic year and within the time period specified by SCDL.
- The duration of the Post Graduate Diploma in Pre Primary Teachers Trainingis one year.
- The registration of the participant is valid for two years.
- For Indian Residents (General / Defence Personnel / Paramilitary / Police
/ Symbiosis employee): Rs. 1000/-
- International : USD 100 OR Rs. 6,700/-
- SAARC : USD 75 OR Rs. 5,025/-
The registration fees must be paid along with the application form, failing which the form will not be processed.
Prospectus fees and registration fees are different.
Prospectus fees is prospectus and application form purchase fees whereas Registration fee implies application form processing fees.
Students have two options of paying the fees, as mentioned below:
A] Option 1 –
One Time Payment:- Student has to pay the full course fees in one time payment, on or before November 15, 2016.
- General: Rs. 22,000/-
- Active Defence / Paramilitary / Police: Rs. 19,000/-
- International : USD 1,400 or Rs. 93,800/-
- SAARC : USD 750 or Rs.50,250/-
B] Option 2 - Two-Installments: Student has to pay the course fees in two installments
Participants are required to pay additional exam fees per exam attempt.
Fees can be paid in Online or Cash or Demand Draft.
- Payment via cash: this is acceptable only at SCDL Pune Campus.
- Payment via DD: this can be submitted at SCDL Pune campus. The Demand Draft needs
to be in favor of "The Director, SCDL, Pune" payable at Pune only.
- Payment via Online: this can be done through student center log in.