Diploma in Creative Writing in English program enables one to further nurture one’s aptitude for creative writing by polishing one’s writing skills and honing one’s potential to be a professional writer. It can help one to creatively write in different genres / forms, including poetry, screen writing and memoir.
If one is interested in writing, there are a number of related fields that one may join, such as journalism, communication and media, advertising and public relations, corporate communications, professional writing and rhetoric, publishing, etc.
The program will help the learners to
- Get an exposure to different forms of writing.
- Stimulate their creative thinking and writing.
- Dwell in the realm of imagination and bring out the fascinating insights through writing.
- Get introduced to the lives and views of well-known writers and media personalities.
Career in Journalism, Communication and Media, Advertising and Public Relations, Corporate Communications, Professional Writing, Publishing, etc.
- XII Standard pass-out with minimum 50% marks in English.
- Diploma holder / Bachelor’s Degree Holder / Graduate in any discipline from a recognised University (with English as a subject, passed with 50% or completed Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree / Graduation in English medium).
- International / SAARC Graduate from a recognised / accredited University /Institution.
- Students who have appeared in their final year examination of bachelor’s Degree / graduation degree course and are yet to pass the final year examination of bachelor’s degree can also apply, subject to successful completion of their bachelor’s degree / graduation within the time period specified by SCDL.
- The duration of the program is one year.
- The registration of the participant is valid for two years.
- For Indian Residents (General / Defence Personnel / Paramilitary / Police): Rs. 1500/-
- International : USD 100 OR Rs. 6,900/-
- SAARC : USD 100 OR Rs. 6,900/-
Students have two options of paying the fees as mentioned below:
A] Option 1 –
One Time Payment:- Student has to pay the full course fees in one time payment, within 30 days from the date of admission
- General: Rs. 23,000/-
- Active Defence / Paramilitary / Police: Rs. 20,000/-
- International : USD 1,500 or Rs. 1,03,500/-
- SAARC : USD 850 or Rs. 58,650/-
B] Option 2 - Two-Installments: Student has to pay the course fees in two installments
Participants are required to pay additional exam fees per exam per attempt.
Fees can be paid in Online or Cash or Demand Draft.
- Payment via cash: this is acceptable only at SCDL Pune Campus.
- Payment via DD: this can be submitted at SCDL Pune campus.
The Demand Draft needs to be in favor of "The Director, SCDL, Pune" payable at Pune only.
- Payment via Online: this can be done through payment gateway.